Director for Primary Montessori Program
St. Mark’s Montessori School’s (SMMS) seeks a Director for the 2019-2020 school year to lead in the day-to-day operation of the school, train and supervise staff, set instructional objectives, work to build a good relationship with parents, enroll new students and maintain current students.
SMMS offers a competitive salary based on education and experience as well as paid holidays and paid leave. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, three work-related references, and a cover letter describing examples of how your experience and skills match our school's needs.
- Minimum of 2 years early childhood education experience and education in a related field; a Bachelor’s degree and/or Montessori Certification ((AMI / AMS training preferred) for the appropriate age group.
- 2 years of experience in management or administration of an organized child care or related setting
- Must meet state education and licensing requirements for a director
- Experience maintaining compliance with State and Local licensing regulations
- 2 years of experience working with preschool or school age child care
- Experience with general office applications, such as email (Google, Google Drive), spreadsheets, and document applications (such as Word). A strong working knowledge of technology (devices and software) are necessary to thrive in this role.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Demonstrate highly effective organizational, time management, and multitasking skills along with the ability to identify and troubleshoot critical issues.
- Strong business management skills along with the ability to develop marketing strategies
- Overseeing school operations including human resources, quality assurance, staff schedules and facility operations
- Parent communications and relationship management, developing and maintaining strong family relationships
- Prepare annual budget in coordination and Fiscal Management
- Plan and coordinate school events
- Welcome prospective new students and parents and conduct tours
- Management and coordination of student enrollment
- Record keeping including maintaining children's files and class schedules
- Safety and emergency planning & management.
- Licensing Maintenance and Management
- Administrative Support
Contact Information for Applicants
St. Mark's Montessori School, email@example.com
Head of School
The Plains, Virginia
Grace Episcopal Church, The Plains, Virginia will be opening a three classroom, faith-based Montessori school serving children 18 months-6 years, in September 2019. We are currently in search of a Head of School. Applicants must have previous school leadership experience, hold a Montessori credential at any level and a willingness to embrace Catechesis of the Good Shepherd as the spiritual guide for the school. Excellent salary and benefits. If you are interested in the adventure of opening a new school, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virginia Montessori Association is a non-profit (501(c)3) that was established in 2015 to bring Montessorians in Virginia together and to offer a community from which we all could benefit. Administrators, educators, parents and other supporters can connect, inform and communicate in a way that is of value to all.