Glen Allen, Va.
Glen Allen Community Montessori is looking for an Elementary Lead for ages 6-12 years to open our Elementary classroom this fall.
GACM is a year-round Montessori co-op located in Glen Allen at the Unitarian Universalist Community Church, 20 mins from downtown Richmond. We will offer Primary, Lower and Upper Elementary classrooms with the intention to open an Infant-Toddler classroom in the future. We’re a small, dedicated, and tightly-knit parent cooperative looking to meet parents where they are and offer an educational option that their family may have otherwise believed was out of reach. You can have a big impact on the children’s lives and the community as a whole. The school will include an airy, open classroom space, easy access outdoor area and a children’s garden.
This position requires a warm, collaborative and positive attitude, an ambitious personality and a genuine desire to see children blossom and better their lives. We offer competitive salaries, paid holidays, and professional development compensation. The ideal applicant is competent with child and classroom management, organization, record keeping skills, able to establish and maintain parent rapport, flexible and has a genuine love and respect for all children. You will be provided a Teacher’s Assistant who will undergo proper classroom orientation and training.
* $30-35k annual salary, depending on experience
* Paid Year-round Program Breaks: Equaling 56 total school days off.* The total days does not include Parent Conference Days, Special Events, School Information Sessions, or Open Houses.
* Paid Holidays: New Years Eve, New Years Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
* Paid Sick Days: Five (5) days per school year, not to be rolled over into the following school year.
* Family Tuition Deduction: Educator’s children may enroll into any of Glen Allen Community Montessori’s programs at a discount of 50%.
* Annual Salary Increase: Dependent upon factors such as classroom size, responsibilities and the financial growth of the School.�
* AMS or AMI certified, in the process of certification, or have 1-2 years Montessori teaching experience
* Current Health/TB screening-CPR/First Aid certification
* VA state background clearance/fingerprinting-Authorization to work in the US
* We are willing to sponsor individuals who are in the process of certification with the understanding that you intend to be at GACM for a minimum of 3 years.
The Virginia Montessori Association is a non-profit (501(c)3) that was established in 2015 to bring Montessorians in Virginia together and to offer a community from which we all could benefit. Administrators, educators, parents and other supporters can connect, inform and communicate in a way that is of value to all.