Herndon & Centreville
1. Hold a Bachelors / Master’s degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or related field.
2. Have experience in working with small / large childcare facilities with all age group of children.
3. Ability to supervise staff from diverse backgrounds.
4. Skills to create a sense of community among staff, children, and families.
5. Develop and implement policies and objectives of the program in cooperation with the management.
6. Develop and execute an on-going program of activities which contributes to the care, growth and development of the children at the center and of each child as an individual.
7. Select and orient personnel to work at the center and hire necessary replacements when vacancies occur.
8. Maintain a system of records (in accordance with the State child day center licensing procedures) for financial and statistical purposes.
9. Evaluate facilities, resources, teaching and support personnel, and make recommendations or decisions about promotions, salaries, and dismissals.
10. Work with parents including:
a. Interviewing each parent at time of child enrollment.
b. Being available for telephone or personal parent conferences when necessary.
c. Planning and attending parent meetings. Working with the teachers to devise a progress report on each child to be given to the parents twice a year.
d. Editing and distributing a quarterly newsletter of activities at the center to parents and administration.
11. Serve as a mentor and model to the staff on professional conduct, including confidentiality, best practice, and quality service to children and families.
12. Work with the community to establish a relationship, which will assist in the successful implementation of goals and objectives for the center.
Contact Information for Applicants
Mr. Nag Call/Text: 443-995-4113