Hiring Montessori classroom teaching assistants: Ixora Montessori School in Williamsburg, Virginia is looking for assistants for both the toddler and primary level for the 2024-25 school year.
Applicants must have experience working with children. Preferably, applicants would have a background in Montessori education. Salary pay would be negotiated.
• Work closely with the lead teacher to provide a safe, Montessori classroom
• Work at least 35 hours/week - 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
• 1st aid/CPR certified
• Attend level and staff meetings on a weekly and monthly basis
• Be a team player, dependable and flexible so as to support all Ixora staff as needed.
• Pay: Dependent on experience but most typical starting pay is $15/16hour
• Professional attitude and willing to learn
• Spanish Speaking applicants are a plus
Hiring Montessori classroom teaching guide(s): Ixora Montessori School is seeking a primary lead Montessori Guide who embraces the qualities of authentic Montessori education. This person who desires this position should be willing to take the Montessori 3-6 training or is currently in training and willing to work within the culture of Ixora’s mission and vision.
Ixora Montessori School is conveniently located near Colonial Williamsburg. Our program serves both toddler and primary age-group 18 months to 6 ½ years old. We are committed to equity. We are intentionally diverse communities of children, families and teachers in a shared pursuit of interconnectedness, justice and peace. This role will allow the individual to grow in their leadership, their understanding of the Wildflower culture, their teachings and eventually their administrative skill set.
At Ixora Montessori we value equity, a collaborative teaching team, and openness to personal development. Wildflower teachers are partners and social entrepreneurs, responsible primarily to themselves and each other for every aspect of the school and its overall success. Interested persons will join a teacher-leader team that is committed to serving families from Williamsburg’s rich ethnic and economic diversity.
● Montessori Certification (or teacher in training)
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Spanish language speaker is a plus
● Citizenship, residency or work visa required
For more details and to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org