Assistant Montessori Teacher (Full Time)
Children's House Montessori School
Compensation: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour (TBD)
Qualifications: Classroom experience working with preschool children in a school group setting. Must have received or be willing to receive classroom training in the Montessori philosophy and be interested in the development of young children. Relate well to children ages 3-6 years old, have a warm and friendly personality, and be able to work in harmony with other staff members. Strive to provide a warm, safe, and stimulating environment where a child’s potential to learn and explore is maximized. Be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the school’s philosophy.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Assisting the teacher in planning and implementing the daily program, including the following: a. Treating each child with dignity and respect. b. Recognizing and considering the individual needs of each child in relation to cultural and socio-economic background, disabilities, special talents and interests, style and pace of learning. c. Helping children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
2. Supervising the classroom, according to the plans of the teacher when the teacher is out of the room.
3. Helping with lunch and snack time.
4. Assisting the teacher in other appropriate ways.
5. Maintaining professional attitudes, behavior, and dress at all times while on duty. This includes using the proper channels to air problems and complaints.
6. Participating in professional organizations that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
7. Maintaining confidentiality regarding children and their families.
8. Generally promoting a good rapport among staff members.
9. Sharing with the teacher the responsibility of maintaining a clean environment.
10. Attending outside workshops when appropriate.
1. Follow personnel policies of the school.
2. Wear appropriate clothing and maintain neat appearance.
3. Report problems promptly to the teacher.
4. Come to school rested and able to deal with the demands of the job.
Start Date: asap
We are looking to interview immediately for an assistant teaching position in the summer leading into the 2021-22 school year.
Contact Information for Applicants
Send resumes to email@example.com