Providence Montessori Christian School, a Primary Montessori School in Richmond, Virginia, is looking for an assistant teacher to join our staff for the 2019-2020 school year.
PMCS is a community of enthusiastic educators and committed parents who work together to provide excellence in all facets of a child’s growth and development, including the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional. Trained, certified, and experienced staff members believe that the years of early childhood are formative in a person’s life, and are committed to providing an authentic Christian Montessori experience to families in Richmond.
Applicants will be loyal, invested in their work, and have a desire for professional development in the Montessori field.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Experience working with young children
- Experience in a Montessori and/or Christian learning environment is desirable
- Knowledge of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd model is desirable.
- Completion of an Early Childhood Education Program is desirable.
- Completion of a Baccalaureate degree is required
- Willingness to learn and practice the Christian and Montessori principles of the PMCS program, specifically including a willingness to read, take notes, and practice techniques to support success in this role as modeled by our trained lead teacher and director.
- Organized and able to manage time appropriately
- Reliable, timely, patient, energetic, and clear thinking
- Maturity in handling conflicts
- Proactive in handing tasks; good deductive reasoning skills; self-motivated
- Ability to create and facilitate activities for children
- Willingness to take initiative and follow through with tasks
- After training and some experience, able to follow through with tasks and work appropriately and efficiently with children without reminders
Willingness to make a one year commitment with a strong desire for a long-term commitment Work will begin in mid-August for training and help with the last session of summer camp. Between September and mid-June, work time will be 8am- 2pm
Monday through Friday.
Attendance of occasional staff meetings and running some school errands are expected. Other requirements include helping to set up the classroom beginning in mid-August, participating in training and leading the classroom when our lead teacher is out.
Contact Information for Applicants
Please send letters of inquiry, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Providence Montessori Christian School
1200 Wilmington Ave.
Richmond, VA 23227
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.